Thursday, November 21, 2013

I can be a poor customer at times...

There are a couple of restaurants around town that have menu items I like to order.  A couple of examples:

  • At a place called Cubby's, I like to walk up to the counter and say "I want to have a heart attack."  The heart attack is an Italian sausage with Italian beef on top of it.  It's pretty good.  I also like their rosemary fries, but that's not as fun to say.  Once the lady behind me actually burst out laughing.
  • On the rare occasion I find myself at Burger King, I order the whopper with no mustard or onions.  More than 90% of the time, whoever is taking my order gets worked up about how the whopper doesn't actually come with mustard.  It really works them into a frenzy, for some reason.  (You would think they would just mark it as 'no onion', and move on, but generally I get a lecture about it.)
  • Any place that has anything with 'marionberry' in the name gets ordered.  All because of Marion Berry:
'Cracks' me up every time.

This evening, Tara and I went to Galdolfo's.  I finally noticed that one of their sandwiches was called the 'knuckle sandwich'.  From there, the conversation went as follows:
Me: "I think I want a knuckle sandwich"
Cashier:  "You want a knuckle sandwich?"
Me:  "Will it hurt?"
Cashier:  "What?"
Not exactly the reaction I was looking for.  The knuckle sandwich at Galdolfo's is one of their pastrami sandwiches.  It's not in my top three sandwiches I have had there, but there is a very real possibility I will order it again, just to be able to ask for a knuckle sandwich again...

No comments: