Sunday, February 12, 2017

Hello

I haven't been here much of late.  I've been kind of busy.

Last week, I was released from the Bishopric in our local congregation.  I've been in the Bishopric 5 of the last six years, it's a bit of a time commitment serving, even as a counselor to the Bishop.

In addition to that, 2016 was an interesting year for health issues:

  • In January, I had surgery to remove a bone spur from my ankle joint.  My ankle is doing well these days, but there was some time this time last year on crutches.  
  • Mid year, I was having lower back pain.  I went down to Moab for a few days, and started having really bad sciatica pain, to the point that by day three I couldn't sleep.  It turned out that I had a compressed disk that was pinching the nerve.  I took a cortizone shot in my back, which helped, and did a couple of months of physical therapy, my back is still sore, but I don't get the pain down my leg anymore.
  • At the beginning of December, I had a stroke.  (surprise!)  I'm still kind of recovering from that.  
I'm sure 2017 will be better.  That's not really the reason I am checking in here.  I can't guarantee that I will post here all that often, I can try.  Right now, I get home from work and some days I am just wiped out and need to take it easy.  (I don't recommend a stroke to anyone.)  Having been released from the Bishopric, I have been looking over some of the talks that I have given in church over the past few years, there were quite a few.  I figured at the very least, I could post them here on Sundays for a while.  

First up - a talk I gave three weeks ago, where I in part talk about having the stroke.

No comments: