Monday, April 29, 2013

Trying for better tomato plants

I've been sick for a while.  More on that later, but being sick, I'm a bit behind getting the garden ready for the year.  Last year we didn't do much with the garden, mostly because of all the trips across country.  


I got a bunch of tomatoes started a couple of weeks ago, and have had a light on them to get them growing properly.  Unfortunately, the light was coming from the side, and the plants on the left side were not doing well.  Each set of columns are a different type of tomato, so I want to get those ones on the left going...


Tonight I built an adjustable light harness for the plants.  I might have over engineered it a bit, in a few ways.  (That shouldn't be a surprise too anyone...)  Now the light hits all the plants mostly evenly, I expect the plants in the middle to still grow faster, but hopefully the ones on the left do a bit better.



No comments: