Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Bizarro John

This morning after my shower, I noticed that the towel did a half decent job combing my hair the opposite direction than normal. I thought - "Why not?" - and finished the job. I'm not sure the results were what I expected.

I drive in the truck with the window down. On the way to work, I noticed the wind, which doesn't normally bother me. I tried brushing my hair back where it was supposed to be, and it was the wring direction. Weird.

Walking into work from the parking lot, it felt like my head was a bit off kilter. Someone from work observed that I was finally walking a bit straighter.

We took Ruth to look around her preschool late this morning. I was telling Tara about the hair thing, she tried combing it with her fingers the normal direction. I think she just made the hair mad. (Don't make my hair angry, you wouldn't like it when it is angry...)

I spent something like 7 hours in meetings today. Didn't bother me too much. I missed breakfast and lunch. Didn't miss it all that much. I got up out of bed in time to take the girls to school. I think combing my hair the other direction turned me into the "Bizarro John".

When I got home from work, there was a comic book that came in the mail, this month's DC Super Friends:
It was about the "Bizarro Super Friends" getting bored and coming to Earth. Mayhem ensues.

I think it was a sign. The hair is going back the other direction tomorrow.

No comments: