Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"Unfinished project" update

You may recall, I have a set of unfinished projects from the first of the year. In July I last talked about these projects. Tara would be front and center to explain that there should be about 20 different things on the list at this point, but it is time to report on what was there then.
  1. Little path behind the house. Long done. Still looks good.
  2. Garden wall. Also long done, which is good, because the stone manufacture place near us is going out of business. No more cheap stones.
  3. Bedroom closet. Way long done.
  4. My 200 puzzle suduko book. I finished this thing last night. There were 2 difficulty levels in this book, "Difficult" and "Beware! Very challenging" I ended up getting 79 of the 100 'difficult' puzzles done right. (I just moved on if I messed something up. Too much erasing otherwise.) I wondered a the time how much more difficult 'Beware! Very Challenging' was, figuring maybe it wouldn't be. {How do they figure the difficulty on sudoku puzzles, anyway? Do they have some dude in a little padded room, and time how long he takes to solve the thing? Is it a setting based on how many numbers are pre-populated? Do they use some sort of computer program to solve the puzzles and rank them?} Anyway, I figure that difficulty settings have some measure of error in rankings. How did I do on the "Beware! Very Challenging" puzzles? 79 out of 100. Exact same as the "Difficult" puzzles. What does that mean? Not much, really. Maybe I got better at sudoku somewhere along the way, and did just as well on the harder puzzles. Or maybe they are the same difficulty, and they just put different labels on them. Or maybe something else. The point is that it's not a scientific little test. And I'm done with sudoku. I retired last night. At least until they come out with the "Super Duper Mensa Man" difficulty. (I predict 79 out of 100 puzzles correct on that difficulty...)
  5. Little closet behind the washer and dryer. Long gone. I consider the kitchen pantry a little victory over this thing. Much nicer.
  6. Thing around the dishwasher. Strangely, with all the other work that got done on the house this summer, this is not done. And it needs to be lower about 2 inches to fit our new dishwasher. (Or I need to raise the dishwasher up...)
  7. The shed. The shed was looking good earlier this year, but now it is full of junk collected from working on the house. I am ignoring it.
  8. Mission journal. Not done. Not looked at this year at all. Not looking good.
  9. Wii games. Still working on these, but not as much as I could be. Maybe I will do that now.

That's all for now.

No comments: