Friday, September 04, 2009

Pumpkin before Labor Day


In kindergarten, the kids here have a thing on plants and stuff, and the teachers let them grow pumpkin plants. We tried to grow Kate and Mary's pumpkins, but they didn't take. Emma brought on home last year, and it grew. (And grew, and grew...)

We have had a fairly decent sized pumpkin going for a while, when I went out today, it was ready to pick, so I did. It's not exactly Fall here yet, I didn't know what to make.

I decided to make pumpkin stew. Not really stew weather here, but I made a lot for us to freeze for later. Also included from the garden is zucchini and tomatoes. I guess I didn't completely ignore the garden this summer after all, we are going to have a ton of tomatoes out of it this month...

Anyone want some stew?

No comments: