Sunday, November 08, 2009

Restaurant Review

Chuck-a-Rama

On Friday night, Tara had an all evening Relief Society activity. For Halloween, someone at work was giving out free kids meal passes to all the kids. After Tara left for her thing at 4:30, I marshalled all the kids together, and told them if they had all three of their bedrooms cleaned by 6pm, I would take them out to eat. Off they went. This gave me time to do a load of dishes, put away some laundry, and watch the day's recording of PTI before I had to do much, kids wise.

The kids got done at 5:30pm, so off we went. (It turns out this was a perfect time to go, when we left the restaurant at 7pm, there were about 75 people waiting in line to get in. There wasn't a line at 5:45pm...) With the free kids meals, the total bill came to under $12 for 7 of us, which is quite the deal.

Anyhow, some people might think one guy taking 6 kids ten and under to a restaurant by himself was crazy, and maybe it was. Turns out the kids were very well behaved. It was amazing enough to the people around us that all the old ladies kept coming over to comment. I like to think the kids were just hungry.

The funny thing about being there was the looks some of the people around me gave as I was getting the kids food. I would go up and get a heaping pile of fries, and six fried chicken legs, and take it back. Funny looks from people because of the volume of fries and chicken. Go back and get a full plate of potato salad, and six giant rolls. More funny looks. It was kind of humorous.

I am not sure I have ever been in the place on Friday night, but they had a Friday night Fish fry thing going on. I really liked the seasoned fries, fried shrimp, and fried fish they had out. It was the majority of what I ate that night. I would definitely recommend the place for a Friday night. (Every day they have a different speciality. Thursday is Taco Taco Thursday, or something like that.)

I think the girls enjoyed it. Tara and I had planned all week to take Mary out to lunch for her birthday. (Mary actually demanded it. Her sisters got the same treatment this year for their birthdays, and Mary is not one to let that kind of thing slip by unnoticed...) Tara asked Mary where she wanted to go Saturday morning, Mary told Tara she wanted to go to a different Chuck-A-Rama than the one the night before. I braced myself for a trip back, and off we went.

Saturday is Italian day. I think Mary enjoyed it. I watched for the people piling on huge plates of food, then going back for more a few minutes later. There were at least two people doing that then. I guess you can always pick the parents of little kids out of a crowd at the buffet...

1 comment:

Tara said...

VERY brave if you ask me, but also why we have six kids. I love that guy.