Saturday, August 28, 2010

Restaurant Review

Winger's

I've been on a ten year one man boycott of Winger's. I was intolerant of their sweet and spicy sauce. Over the years, Tara has had me head out there to get her something, I've always deferred.

On Thursday, Tara wanted to go to Winger's for her birthday. When we got there, and the waitress came, I told her about my ten year boycott, and asked about the Buffalo sauce that they have on their menu now. I have no idea when this change occurred, but I asked for a sample. It's normal, perfectly acceptable chicken wing sauce.

I ordered the "Hot Buffalo" wings. These things came out as the hottest wings I've had in years. Tasty, big, crispy. Everything you want in a wing. The one problem was that the wings that came out were so hot. I don't know if "hot Buffalo" is normally that hot, or if they decided to each the dude that mouthed off about their wings a lesson. They also have an "atomic Buffalo", I wonder if that's what I ended up with. Tara tried a small taste, and it lit her mouth up.

Anyhow, the blockade is over. Winger's is perfectly acceptable to me now. And they have all-you-can-eat wings on Tuesdays and Wednesdays right now. I am tempted to get Drew and Tom, and test their limits of the all-you-can-eat philosophy. I just won't mouth off to them ahead of time...

No comments: