Monday, January 10, 2011

Comics no more!

For over a year, I have been using an app on my phone called "DailyStrip", which is a comic strip viewer program. This is a pretty good app, you can mark your favorite comic strips, and you can read the strips you have marked every day, or come back every week or so and get caught up.

I kept sort of up to date with comic strips like "Beetle Bailey", "Blondie", "Sherman's Lagoon", "Hagar the Horrible", "Spiderman", "Dilbert", "B.C", and "Foxtrot", among others.

That was until a couple of days ago. The author of the app was recently notified by King Feature Syndicates that he was to cease and desist publishing their comics in his app. Two thirds of the comic strips I used to follow are no longer available on the phone. I'm not sure why. King Features Syndicate doesn't appear to have a subscription pay service on their site, they only provide a week's worth of strips for each title, and those appear to be 6 weeks old.

It's not like my not being able to read comics on my phone will drive me to subscribe to a newspaper, just for the comics. I just won't read the comics every week to 10 days like I have been doing. The worst part about it is I'm not going to find out how Spiderman rescues Aunt May!

In other news, I think my boss often thinks today's punch line in the Dilbert comment. He just doesn't say it...

Dilbert.com

Sorry, King Features Syndicate. I don't know what you are thinking, but your product isn't worth my time now that you have made it incredibly inconvenient to access...

No comments: