Sunday, January 09, 2011

A few goals

Last year, I ignored making goals with the turn of the year. On purpose. I don't know why, it just seemed like a good idea at the time. Kind of like majoring in Mathematics in college. The year before instead of making what I called goals, I created an 'unfinished project' list, some of which I never finished. I think it's finally time to get back to it. I've got some things I need to do around here, and need some motivation to get it done. Having said all that, here's the long awaited 2011 goal list:
  1. Do something significant I've never done before. Right now I've got my sights on a demolition derby with the truck, but I don't have all the correct approvals in place yet. (More on that another time.)
  2. Go somewhere I have never been before. You know, show up, look around, go home. Eat good food in between.
  3. Read twelve books. I've got quite a list already, some of the books are really quite big. I need to get back into the habit again.
  4. Do twelve small projects around the house. There are more than twelve available, no need to list them here. If I remember, I will try to take 'before' and 'after' pictures.
  5. Walk 200 miles. Walking from my desk to the water fountain doesn't count. I figure the walk has to be at least a half mile to count it. Frankly, I'm not even sure I can do this in a year at this point. Every time I try to start walking regularly, I'm thwarted by my ankle. So far this year, I've racked up a grand total of 2.5 miles. At this rate, I'm gonna be a bit short, but then again, it's been cold and snowy as well. My progress can be followed at runkeeper.com
I think that's more than enough. We'll have to see what happens.

No comments: