Sunday, May 15, 2011

Restaurant Review

Jalapeno Charlie's
Atlanta Georgia

Tonight we decided to catch a restaurant close by the hotel, so we could get in before things got too busy around here tonight. We picked a Mexican place called "Jalapeno Charlie's". Actually, they said they were 'Latin Mexican Fusion', whatever that means.

I got the blackened fish tacos. They were ok, I would put them several notches above the fish tacos at Los Hermanos back home, but I might put them with on par or a notch below the crispy fish taco at Del Taco... I'm not sure what I expected. It was like they took a piece of fish, fried it in oil/butter, blackened it, and slapped it in a flour tortilla. Maybe I expect cabbage in my fish tacos, or something. I wasn't super impressed, but I didn't spend ten dollars on it, in downtown Atlanta, so I guess that's ok. Better than spending twice as much, and being disappointed all around...

After we left, I figured out the fusion part of the restaurant. That's when the food fuses to your sternum for a while afterwards. There was also something with sugar in it, I could feel it afterwards, and likely will wake up in the morning pretty sore, which is not a great start to a week on the road.

I would like to get some fried chicken while I am here. Jim wants to go to a German restaurant. Anyone else have other suggestions?

No comments: