Monday, July 04, 2011

Like taking candy from a baby

When Ruth was born, we started a tradition of giving out candy bars at the hospital, work, etc in the week of the kids birth. We should have thought of it several kids sooner, I kind of like it...

Anyway, with Ruth, we gave out Baby Ruth candy bars. I thought this was completely appropriate. Lily was our fifth, we handed out Take Five candy bars, and said "Take Five, please..." With Adam, being the first boy, we handed out Whatchamacallit candy bars, because that kid came with a whatchamacallit. (Maybe less than completely appropriate, but I thought it was funny.) With Noel, I was planning on getting Good and Plenty candies, because the kids are general good, and now we have plenty of them. Since Noel was so insistent on being born on July 4th, I ended up getting Red, White, and Blue salt water taffies. (mint flavored.)


We have a lot of them. We need people to come take some, so Adam doesn't eat them all. I think he ate a dozen of them in a half hour. Holding Noel was nice, but he would rather eat candy. When I took them back to the car after their visit today, he was ticked off that he didn't have any more candy. I anticipated this, and had one in my pocket just for him. If we take all this candy home and don't hide it, that is all he would eat for a week...

No comments: