Monday, July 25, 2011

What in the world is going on around here?

We seem to be attracting random junk around the house. Not that we don't have tons of random junk in the house, but usually we know the source. Lately we have found some random stuff around the house.

For a few weeks about a month ago, we would have a random article of clothing on sidewalk right in front of the house. A sock one day, little boy's shorts another day, a glove, a winter hat, that sort of thing. If I picked up the clothing item, another one would show up the next day. If I left it sitting there, nothing new would appear. It was weird. I asked the neighbors if any of the clothes were theirs, but they disavowed any knowledge of it. I personally think their dogs were getting out and leaving us gifts, but the neighbors would have to acknowledge that their dogs get out...

Last Thursday, when we got home from a baseball game, in our laundry basket by the washing machine, there was a pair of size 4T Fruit of the Loom boys briefs. Now, Adam is not potty trained yet, and we have superhero under roos waiting for him, not white briefs. No idea where these came from and why then. Tara has a theory about them getting mixed in with the kids clothes when her parents were watching them after Noel was born. I personally wonder just what in the world the girls are doing when we are gone from the house...

Today Adam brought me a cassette tape labeled "En Vogue - Funky Divas". Tara disavows any knowledge. I am completely confidant that this is nothing I have ever had in my possession. Seems kind of random. Amazon tells me this was 1992. How did it get in my house, and where did the boy find it?

We have some friends moving tomorrow. They've been packing for something like a week. I'm firmly entrenched in the idea that if we ever move, I will just sell everything we own, not pack anything, and start over. Seems an easier way to go...

No comments: