Friday, October 21, 2011

Days 6-ish - 8ish: "House Arrest"

On Monday morning, we tried going back to work again. Adam wanted to watch "the puppets". What he really meant was "The Muppets". He really liked watching the muppets. I guess some things age really well.

Anyway, for some reason, my laptop would not play the DVD. It worked just fine the time he came to work before. Instead, I turned cartoons one for him. I think it was Curious George and Clifford the Big Red Dog. I have my second monitor under my desk for him, with a blanket laid out. He seems to like it.

Noel did fine, but threw up all over me. Then she leaked through her diaper. Small bursts of time. That's all we can really do at work. I think we could have gone longer if it didn't involve regurgitated baby formula and stinky diapers. I briefly thought about leaving the diaper in Sorrel's office, who was not at work that day, but I resisted the urge. (It wouldn't have been the first time, by the way...)

Anyway, after that, we kind of just stayed home. I have decided to not intrude on nap time, anyway. It makes the wee little tikes a bit crazy by night. Tuesdays and Thursdays involve too many preschools. I could have taken Adam and Noel back to work on Wednesday morning, but we ended up just staying home. It was easier. (I got lazy, I guess.)

It's easier to just stay home. The kids keep busy. If they get bored, I just give them a job. (The kids rarely say they are bored.) I lay them down for naps in the afternoon, and get a couple of free hours before the older kids get home from school.

Maybe we will try to go back to work on Monday morning. Maybe I will take a second shirt just in case Noel targets me again...

No comments: