Thursday, September 20, 2007

Broadcast Storm

Last week on Friday, I set up my old wireless router in the house, preparing for visitors who might possibly want to use it. I got it going, and things looked fine.

Saturday afternoon when I got home, our internet connection was no longer working. Calling in to the ISP, they said they had disabled the connection because of some sort of excessive broadcast from the house. I disconnected the wireless, they reenabled the port, the problem was gone. I guess the wireless is dead. (I unplugged it a long time ago, I started having problems with it.)

So, for those coming out, there is no wireless in the house. I have plenty of cables and ports, just no wireless. Sorry.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I think I may have a traval wireless router somewhere in the house...