Friday, December 12, 2008

Ward Christmas party

We had our Ward Christmas party tonight. I think Tara was a little nervous about it for a while, but it turned out fine. Except for the large number of children running and yelling in the halls all evening, some of them ours.

I sliced the hams for the thing, I think I did a pretty good job, if I say so myself. There were about 175 people that showed up, which was pretty good, I thought. The Primary did a little Nativity, the girls were angels. (At least for a few minutes...)

Just about everyone seemed to have a good time, and get enough to eat. (There was plenty of ham.) I waited to long to go for potatoes, and didn't end up eating, at least until we got home. The party went for an hour and a half, the Bishop ended the thing, had a pray, and asked people to help clean up. I pushed around a garbage can collecting donations.

While cleaning up, one lady complained that we were cleaning up. She thought the party was going to go until 8:30, not 8pm. She was complaining that her kids didn't have a chance to eat. The thought in my head, which I didn't say, was "Your kids would have had plenty of time to eat if they hadn't been running through the halls all night." I didn't say that. 5 or 6 years ago, I might have. I think Tara is happy that I sometimes edit myself more often these days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John Payne with a censor. What will happen next?

jjp said...

I know. I must be sick or something.