Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Woah! It's the 10th.

Somehow I took a 9 day vacation from the blog. Sorry about that everyone. I guess I was just out of energy half the time, and busy the other half.

One thing I have been playing with - gmail. I settled on the "shiny" theme, the "planets" theme was a little too dark, the contrast kind of bothered my eyes. (The terminal theme was way too much contrast. Funny how 10 years can change things. The old mainframe terminal wasn't so badback then, the internet was young. These days, there is a lot of white space on web pages, you get used to seeing it. I still miss 2 things about the mainframe days. I miss sleeping on top of the big Xerox printer during the night, waking up when the thing stopped because the paper filled the trays. It was nice and warm up there. The other thing I miss was the master console that used to beep whena message came up that needed attention. I could half sleep until I heard a beep. There seems to be a lot of sleeping involved at work those days. Now, I might not even wake to an explosion outside, much less a little beep...)

Anyhow, gmail also released something called 'tasks' in their labs. You can start multipe task lists, and link emails into the tasks to refer back to them. No longer will I need to use my inbox for a task list. It is kind of nice. It is new, I am sure it will get better, right now you can't add a priority to the tasks in your list, but you can at least link in emails, which I really like. I went from 50 emails stored in my inbox yesterday to one, that one will be archived tomorrow.

No comments: