Thursday, December 30, 2010

Tara's new scarf

After the frenzy of hat making was over here, Tara told me she wanted me to make her a scarf. I figured if I was going to make her a scarf, I was going to make a Dr. Who scarf.

I have this vague memory as a kid of watching Dr. Who on a little black and white TV. I don't remember a lot, but it was the forth doctor, with his curly hair and ridiculously long scarf. Maybe it's a fake memory. Maybe I just spent too much time as a kid watching my Dad's oscilloscope.


Anyway, I finished the thing today. It's over twelve feet long, and seven different colors. Hopefully it keeps her warm, and if she ever ends up in a room with a deranged computer in control of a high powered laser, she can use it to distract the computer and get away.


I think Emma *might* want one as well, but she hasn't yet come right out and ask for one. This one is clearly too big for Emma.

For now, I plan to get working on the dozen books sitting around waiting for me to read.

No comments: