Monday, April 11, 2011

Fun with little kids

The three older kids are off somewhere having a good time. (It's Spring break. They are not in Florida...) We took the little kids to Denny's for dinner, and then miniature golf.

Adam had a good time cutting his food with his knife. He ate one piece of bacon, and tried cutting everything else. He did a pretty good job with the sausage. Adam also nearly pitched a fit when Tara drank some of his chocolate milk.

After dinner, we took them to miniature golf, since we have the passes. Those three little kids sure can be persistent about getting the ball in the cup. Ruth wanted to play in the dark golf. (They have an indoor course with neon lights.) She was wearing a white shirt, it was a little hard to look at her.

Afterwards, we went over to watch them drive the slick track cars. Adam was pretty impressed. I took a shot at the batting cages, but I was hitting medium speed softballs, after about a dozen successful hits, I was done. I guess my wrist is not quite fully healed yet. Next time I will have to stick with baseballs, I suppose.

The little kids seemed to have a good time. When we first bought those passes this year, I wondered if the little kids would enjoy / be able to play mini golf, but they seem to do just fine.

One other thing. I have decided that wearing a public batting cage helmet is just like wearing bowling shoes. You really want a layer of clothing between you and it. Next time I will remember to bring a ball cap... (And my own bat.)

No comments: