Friday, April 22, 2011

Superpower - Flight

Adam is all boy. This has happened in a house full of girls. He has several pairs of Superman pajamas. One has a cape.

Every couple of days, he comes and finds me, and asks me to find his cape for him, so he can fly. This is interesting to me, I ask him where he wants to fly to. Every time he has a different place: to church, to Anson's house, to the store...

I remember back when we lived in the house on Villa in Buffalo, it had windows in the living room that were smaller, and a little higher on the wall. (I suppose because there was another house close by, and they wanted light but not staring...) Anyway, when I was little, I have no idea how little, I would reach up and grab the window sill by stretching as far as I could, and I would put my toes on the floorboard. I would look up, and see the dust in the sunlight. Then I would look down to verify I was off the ground. Then I would let go of the window sill at the same time that I jumped off the baseboard, in an effort to fly.

There was one time that I was really sure that I actually took flight. Just for a second. Adam must get it from me.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Ask Amy about Evan's fixation on flying and what happened one fateful night..... his responses in the ER were hilarious.