Thursday, April 28, 2011

Guy's night out

Tonight Adam and I went out for a "guy's night out". We started by getting a drink at the Chevron, and Adam got his very first Hostess Pudding Pie.

{Parenthetical commentary - When I was a kid, one of my paper routes had a Wonder Thrift Store at the end of the street. I used to get a Hostess Pudding pie or Hostess fruit pie almost every day. Occasionally I would mix it up a bit and get one of those giant marshmallow snowball things. Other times I would get a bag of chips to eat while I delivered papers. It's no wonder I never made a dime on that paper route.}



Anyway, I asked Adam what he wanted to do after the Chevron stop, he said "Go home and play in the back yard." I suggested the NickelCade instead. I don't know if they have these all over the country, but here we have this place where you pay $2.25 to get in, and they have arcades, claw machines, skee ball, and ticket machines that are anywhere from one nickel to four nickels to play. $2.25 for admission and 10 cents a game of skee ball can make for a pretty good deal.

I introduced Adam to Crusin' World, Super Mario, Mrs. Pac Man, Galaga, and a couple of other games. We played skee ball about 10 times, he liked handing me the balls. We also played the claw machine a bit and got him a stuffed animal out of it.


Adam seemed to enjoy putting the nickels in the machines. Hopefully this doesn't mean that I will find a whole pile of change in a CD player sometime soon. Towards the end, we hit a 100 ticket jackpot on a little game, and ended up with 205 tickets. Adam got two handfuls of little prizes to go with the stuffed animal that I got out of the claw machine.

No comments: