Saturday, April 09, 2011

Nachos

I've never met a plate of nachos I didn't like. Until last night, I hadn't had one that I couldn't conquer, either. That all changed last night. We went to Maria Bonita in Orem for dinner, I ordered nachos. The lady asked me several times if I wanted a full plate or a half plate, I insisted on a full plate. She nearly didn't let Tara order after that, she had thought that we would share it.

When the plate came out, it was piled high on a two foot across platter. There was a layer of chips, followed by a heaping layer of refried beans, follwed by chip, then cheese, then chips, then beans, shredded beef, lots more cheese, onions, tomatos, and cilantro. This was a massively large plate of nachos.

When I got my plate, the people behind me were asking their waitress what exactly it was I ordered. The plate is big enough to feed a number of normal people, or two of me, under normal hunger conditions.

It was a very good plate of nachos, I also enjoyed it for lunch. It is seriously enough for a half plate to be a meal in and of itself, if you find yourself looking for dinner in North Orem sometime. Just don't plan on ordering something else with it.

No comments: