Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy Birthday, Adam

Today was Adam's birthday. For some reason, he seemed to think it was hilarious for people to sing "Happy Birthday" to him. We missed the expression on his face when he opened the present that had the Diego tshirt in it, but he was very excited about it. If you ask him what else he wants for his birthday, he says a "doggie pillow pet". We have not been able to find any doggie pillow pets...

The other thing he really wants is cake and ice cream. The kid catches on fast. We got him some cake and ice cream, and after, went to the creamery to get some balloons. We got enough for him and the girls, and as I was putting the balloons in the car, I tried buckling them in the seatbelt, and the flew away. Adam still had his, but he seemed a bit shocked about the ones flying off into the clouds.

It reminded me of the time that we went to the Children's Hospital employee picnic, which was a gigantic thing, at least it seemed to me. (I must have been somewhere in the range of 6-10, I suppose.) At the end, we had balloons. It was a hot car, my dad was driving, and the windows were opened. We were told to hold our balloons, but I let mine go, and it immediately floated up right in front of my Dad's view. He was able to bat the thing out the window and kept driving. I watched the thing float away as we drove away...

Today was sort of like that, except that I was not in the driver's seat then, the van wasn't moving, and it was 5 balloons, not 1 balloon. Also, having been a driver all these years, and having the occasional 'distracted driver' problem, I think my Dad took the balloon in the line of vision problem really, really well.

No comments: