Sunday, November 13, 2011

Days 13-19: "Mostly a haze"

I never got around to finishing my report of how things went with Tara gone.

I caught the mouse. It was pretty easy. Mice are suckers for peanut butter. Set the trap, leave the house, and blam! - that's it for the mouse. Retrap things, no evidence of mice since...

That last week Tara was gone was kind of interesting. I was staying up very late watching priority registration, and waking up very early to feed the baby and get the kids to school. I got about 4 hours a sleep a night that week. And drank lots of Dr. Pepper. Most of it is a haze. I think I watched way to much "Fresh Beat Band" that week. There may have been an extra helping of "Bad Cop" around the house.

I don't know if homework was done. I am pretty sure the kids ended up where they were supposed to be. They lived through it. Everyone stayed clothed, feed, and healthy. I guess that's something.

After Tara got back, I told her she couldn't do that again until after the kids are all in full day school. It wouldn't have been nearly as hard if Noel wasn't a 4 month old baby...

No comments: