Friday, August 12, 2005

HP World 2005

I was supposed to fly to San Fransisco this Sunday for HP World 2005. I even had 2 presentations prepared to give, and 2 others I was helping on. Turns out that Interex went Chapter 7 bankrupt a month ago, and HP World was cancelled.

HP sponsered their own conference, the HP Tech Forum, but I had not planned on attending. It is the 2nd week of September. Last week I got a hold of the program director for the HPUX track and emailed my 2 HP World presentations to her. At the time they were not accepting any more presentations, but today they came back and wanted me to do one of mine, and scheduled me into a slot in the conference. I just finished converting the slides to their template and submitted it, so I'll be in New Orleans the 2nd week of September.

HP has made a deal with prometric that all HP Certified attendees came take as many certification exams as they want during the conference. I am going to take the HPUX CSE exam, but I have no problem failing it, if I do. (The exam is free, after all) The "study guide" for the exam is a 1600 page book, and I am only to about page 250. If you want to see the test details, check out the exam prep guide at http://h10017.www1.hp.com/certification/region/americas/cse/bcs/hpux.html I'm not really taking the test for amy good reason, it's not like I'll get a raise, or more respect, and I am not looking for another job, it's just something to do, and it can't hurt. (The headache from the test itself is bound to wear off quickly)

No comments: