Saturday, August 22, 2009

I am a lazy bum

There is a lot of stuff I haven't been doing around here. Here is a list:
  • Finishing the work on the house. I have painting to do, several doors to hang, lots shelving to install, outside lights to hang, and blinds to put up. I haven't really done anything of note since I got sick 2 weeks ago. Drew is loaning me a drill, which should help with the motivation, I think. Most of our boxes are emptied, yesterday I hung some pictures.
  • Work on the yard. It has been hot out. I haven't mowed the lawn in months. A portion of the lawn is dried out and in bad shape. I need to weed the garden, weed whip around the yard, dig the lawn mower out from behind the junk in the shed, and mow the lawn. Then I need to water some more. It was over 100 degrees here today, I stayed inside. (We also went to a luncheon for a wedding today and I took Adam to the grocery store, so it is not like I have been a complete hermit...)
  • Read anything. I haven't picked up a book since I stepped off the plane in Buffalo last month. I "read" a handyman magazine a couple of days ago, skimming through things, and I read the better part of this month's Ensign last week, but that's about it. Maybe I should start walking to work, it seems like it was easier to read consistently when I walked to work...
  • Taking the girls to Seven Peaks. I have a season pass this year, including parking, and I went a few times in June/July, but I haven't taken any of the kids over there this year. I think they close down in about 2 weeks or so for the season, and are down to half days, so time is running short. I don't have to pay to get Adam or Lily in, I thought about taking Lily yesterday, but she was down for a nap when I got home from work, I got into the air conditioning, and the next time I went outside, I realized how hot it was out there and got demotivated. It is supposed to be in the 80's next week, maybe I can get over there a little bit one or two days next week. (It is hard when they open at 4pm, and I need ot be somewhere else at 6pm, but maybe one hour is the perfect amount of time for Lily or Adam to be over there...)
  • Figure out what in the world the truck is doing. It really doesn't like the heat. Or something. It has power problems. It also needs a good cleaning. I have a load of stuff in the bed that needs to go out to the dump, I went early this week to head out there, but it started pouring down rain, I couldn't get the wipers to work right. They just went full speed, no slow or intermittent, just fast. Then I turned them off, and the wipers kept going. It was weird. Add that to the truck not wanting to really go all that fast, and I turned around to go home. The wipers eventually stopped. Tonight I went out, and the lights on the dash wouldn't come on until I fiddled with them for a while. Then I stopped somewhere, the second time same problem. Things are weird in that truck right now...
One of these days I will get around to getting some of this stuff done.

No comments: