Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Restaurant Review

TGI Friday's

For our anniversary, (11 years today) Tara and I went out to lunch. We got appetizers - (Buffalo) chicken tenders, onion rings, and fried green beans. These were all good.

Tara had some sort of pecan chicken salad. No pecan was spared. She seemed to like it.

I ordered a flat iron steak, medium, with sweet potato fries. The steak came out, very rare. Not in any way medium. While waiting for the waitress, I ate some of the fries. Not really salted.

The waitress came back, and agreed that they missed a bit. They took the steak back, and the waitress brought me a broccoli cheese soup. When the manager brought the thing back, the steak was pretty much medium rare. I kept it, I didn't want to send it back and have them scorch the thing. They refreshed the fries, which were salted this time. Both the steak and fries were good. I couldn't finish the soup. (Hadn't planned on it in the first place, anyway.)

Long story short, good food, but I wouldn't trust them to cook my steak again. At least not the one in town...

No comments: