Wednesday, August 12, 2009

-- our valued customer --

I've talked about the postal service once or twice before here. (My favorite.) I think they just don't get it... We got a postcard from them today:


Dear Postal Customer,

In an effort to adjust to rapidly declining mail volume, we find it necessary to consolidate deliveries in many neighborhoods. What this means to you -- our valued customer -- is this adjustment may change your normal time of delivery.

These changes will be implemented over the next several weeks. Please watch for your letter carrier to determine your new delivery time.

Your U.S. Postal Service is committed to providing you with affordable and efficient service, and we appreciate your continued patronage.


I am not sure which part of this letter makes me laugh more.

  1. Mail volume is rapidly declining. I wonder if they realize they will be in incredible trouble when Netflix figures out how to stream to the masses and stops their mail service.
  2. I am supposed to watch for my mail carrier to see when the new delivery time is. As if that is all I have to do all day long. (I am sure some do. There is nothing wrong with that.) We already don't get our mail at all on some Saturdays. I convinced Emma the street lights at night are turned on by a monkey the city hired. Maybe the Postal Service could think about something along those lines.
  3. "The U.S. Postal Service is committed to providing you with affordable and efficient service..." Did the U.S. Postal Service just commit mail fraud?

No comments: