Thursday, October 01, 2009

Fall Harvest Overload

This is always the time of the year when the girls start getting a little tired of {Tomato Stew, Spaghetti, Chili, Taco soup} meals that we make to try to keep ahead of the tomatoes we are pulling out of the garden.

Yesterday afternoon, I was pulling tomatoes out, Emma came out to help. I asked her what she wanted to eat with the tomatoes, she replied "Tomato Pie".


I had never heard of tomato pie, but my good friend Google had all kinds of interesting things to say about tomato pie. Turns out it is something made in the South. (Emma's just showing her long lost roots.) I made tomato pie for the girls for dinner tonight. They also had chocolate chip zucchini bread and noodles. (I figured I could sneak in tomatoes and zucchini into the dinner if I made bread out of it...) They seemed to like it. Wasn't all that complicated, either.

1 comment:

Tara said...

And it was SOOOOO tasty that I couldn't resist eating some even though I was going out to dinner.