Friday, October 30, 2009

Things a sleep deprived mind thinks are funny

AKA: "Just wait until they are older"

Tara I am sure has more to expound on this and more, I will let her talk about them in detail on her blog. (Coming soon, I think, at sparbowl2.blogspot.com) I've gotten some sleep this week, but not enough, five things that strike me as funny:

  1. Abbott and Costello. I just finished watching "Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein". Tara declined to watch.
  2. Yesterday morning (Late morning) I woke up to go to work, I couldn't find my sneakers. I had to wear my boots to work, covered in dirt. Last night I couldn't find the sneakers, and again this morning (not so late), I couldn't find them again. Day two of boots to work. Tonight I was making dinner, Lily was in the kitchen bugging me, I asked her if she knew where my sneakers were. She told me they were in the closet. I told her to go get them, she took off running, and had them for me in about 2 minutes. Turns out she put them away for me in the closet with all the kids shoes. Who knew?
  3. Emma lost her winter coat a few weeks ago. Tara was pretty sure she left it at the school, but couldn't get the girls to look very hard for it. They claimed it wasn't in the lost and found. It has gotten cold here, this was starting to be a problem. The other day Emma brought her coat home from school. It's location? On the hook in her classroom. They didn't think to look there...
  4. We have a friend that was co-owner of a jewelery store here in town. A couple of months ago we went over to look at rings, Tara lost another one. We asked for Rian, the owner guy only said "Rian doesn't work here anymore." Kind of weird. While we were there, other people came in looking for Rian, same response. Rian ended up leaving to open a new store, which he recently got going. I drove by the old store dropping off the Netflix tonight, the old store has a bus stop in front of it. Today, on the 7x5 foot ads on the bus stop, on both sides of the thing, was a giant picture of Rian advertizing his new store. Very nice touch, Rian...
  5. Tara bought some halloween costumes on the internet. Two of them were Star Trek uniforms. (Original series. What parent would like their child wear a red original series uniform???) Anyway, they opened them today, the costumes were pretty big. Tara tried one on, asked Emma how it looked. Emma's response? "Captain Kirk is climbing the mountain. Why is he climbing the mountain?" Absolutely hilarious.

No comments: