Monday, October 18, 2010

Book Review

Final Crisis
Greg Cox

This book is a comic book novelization of the DC comics 'event' from two years ago. As opposed to the previous book I read, which took several months, this book only took me a couple of days to read. I couldn't find it around here anywhere, I think the book buying tastes of my local library have shifted a bit in the last little while. Iended up buying the book on Amazon.com. Amazon is great.

Anyhow, the book starts out pretty violent. Heroes die. Villains prevail. Heroes become villains.

Then the book picks up speed. Dead heroes come back. The Earth is doomed. More heroes die. Some villains help out. There ends up being more than one major villain. And in the end, Superman, and his alternate reality Superman doppelgangers, all team up to save the day, just in time.

I hope that's a spoiler free review. I thought the book was pretty good, although I got the feeling that the author was carving out side pieces of the story to keep the book a normal size. I don't know that for sure, having not read the comics as the story unfolded, but that's the idea I have in my head.

Oh, and Batman dies, sort of. I hear they are bringing him back right now...

No comments: