Wednesday, October 27, 2010

John does not know how to make caramel apples


Tonight I tried to make caramel apples. Caramel was on sale as the store, I didn't take into account the fact that I would have to unwrap all those little squares when I passed up the little container of caramel for the little cubes. Thank goodness for all the cheap labor that lives at my house. I also got too much liquid in the caramel when it was melting, and the stuff just slipped right off the apples. Here are two I tried coating while the caramel was too hot.


The girls appear to be better at getting toppings on their apples that I am. Maybe we will think about letting them eat them tomorrow. Or something. Caramel apples can be messy.


It was also pumpkin decorating night here at the house. Tara and I didn't have the energy to carve pumpkins today, so we had the kids draw the faces on instead. This appears to have been a perfectly acceptable substitute. Sorry about the blur. It was darkish in the room.

No comments: