Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Election Time

It's election time, and what does that mean? It means that there is all kinds of noise out there right now. Utah has Early Voting, which means I could go out right now and vote, or any time in the next two weeks, really. ("Come early, and come often!")

I have know for a little while who I've intended to vote for, except for our State House race here. I'm not someone who votes for the same party all the time, I'm happily unaffiliated. I vote for who I want to vote for. (Everyone should, really.)

Anyhow, in the State House race, I've been trying to figure out which of the candidates to vote for. One of them has said some things that bother me, until recently, I hadn't heard all that much from the other. One said something about his website that ticked me off. One had a political party call me one evening on his behalf. (Why did they call me? I'm not a member of their party. Actually, maybe that's why.) One is being supported by one or two people who I don't think match well to my political philosophies...

Anyway, a week or so ago, I poked through both of their websites. A couple of days ago, I did it again. I think I'm ready to go at this point, I've got my mind made up.

So all those phone calls can stop. The flyers in the mail can stop. I like Early Voting, because then when they call in the evenings, I can just say "I already voted.", and they hang up.

No comments: