Friday, December 17, 2010

More Christmas stuff

We've been a little bit busy this week.  Hopefully things settle way down in the next seven days so everyone around here can relax.  Normally we give out Christmas cards to people with plates of cookies every year.  This year I don't think we are going to make it.  I haven't had the time or energy to focus too much on it, and lots of the people around us are about to leave town for the holidays.  I don't think I will get around to mailing out Christmas cards, either, sorry everyone.  We have the cards, I'm just too lazy to deal with them right now.  I think we will maybe do a limited Christmas plate distribution in a couple of days, the girls really like going out and delivering plates of stuff.

Every year, the University has a Christmas party for employees.  Well, their kids, really.  The thing always has a playland, with all kinds of games, a craft area, doughnuts, Santa, and performances from singing and dancing groups.  The girls like this thing every year, but there are so many people there every year, it's kind of hard on the parents.  This year, I took the girls early so we would get there before all the crafts were done.  The girls really like the crafts.  This was the best picture I could manage.  After crafts, they ate (a lot) of doughnuts, we did one thing from the playland, and called it good.

I've been busy since about Halloween making hats for the kids, and all their cousins.  Here is a small sample.  (I wrapped a large pile of them before thinking about taking a picture.)  I still have a few to go, it's been taking up a lot of time...



It wouldn't be Christmas without (obligatorily) fuzzy pictures of the annual school Christmas concert.  I think we are less fuzzy than we have been in the past, but it's still fuzzy, none the less.  Mary and Kate were in the choirs this year.

Emma's performance at the house was a warmup to the performance at the school today.  I only got one of the songs, the phone didn't have enough charge to do more.

Note:  Dear Verizon, I don't know if it was Google or you that did it, but I really would like a zoom feature back on my phone's camcorder function...

No comments: