Friday, December 03, 2010

Too much chili

Tonight we had a ward party and chili cookoff. I made a fairly straightforward and standard (for me, at least) chili, but this time made it in a roasting pan, covered it, and cooked it at 425 for an hour. It was pretty tasty. Before we left for the party, I had a big bowl of it, and most of a bag of tortilla chips.

When we got the party, I put my chili on the serving table, and they told me my chili couldn't be in the contest, because I was one of the judges. I only wish I had known that before I ate the pre-festivities bowl. I am now stuffed. Eating so much chili while trying to pick a winner will do that every time, I guess. I would say over stuffed, but I must not be really, since just just stuck something in my mouth. Maybe I'm just a glutton.

There were many different flavors, the two I liked best were both disqualified, but that's ok. I just should wait until I get there next year, before I start diving in to it. I was still up to the challenge. Like I told my friend Rich tonight, "I've been preparing all my life for this moment..."

No comments: