Tuesday, December 14, 2010

New Suitcoat

This is not the start of a talk for church...

Several months ago, I was called to serve in the Bishopric. I may not have mentioned it here before, but there it is. I was called on a Tuesday, and put in the Bishopric 11 days later. The Sunday before I was put into the Bishopric, I wore a white shirt, sleeves rolled up, no suitcoat, just to give myself one last chance before I wore a suitcoat every week.

Anyhow, I quickly came to the realization that owning only one suit, and no extra suitcoats was eventually going to be a problem. I've been fairly busy at church every week, and have only been able to get the suit cleaned once since being called. My suit was starting to look like it really needed to be cleaned.
I've have a new suitcoat or two on my "buy" list for several months, but didn't really look forward to shopping around for one. There are also deals every once in a while, I kind of wanted to get a better bang for my buck. Last week, Men's Warehouse had an online clearance sale (found out about it from slickdeals) on suitcoats. I went online, added a few to my cart, then went out grocery shopping with Tara without making the purchase. I figured that I wasn't completely confident that buying a suitcoat online was a good idea, and wanted to let it sit for a couple of hours to see if any suitcoats were still available. (Usually things on slickdeals start selling like hotcakes. Letting a purchase mature a bit usually isn't the best plan when you find things on slickdeals.)


Anyway, one of the suits I had added to the cart was still available. It arrived in the mail yesterday, and fits pretty good. I wore it tonight. It's lighter weight that the suitcoat I already had, which is good, because I still bake inside my suit on Sundays.
Turns out that shopping online for suitcoats may be a viable alternative after all. Or maybe it's just that "You're gonna like the way you look"...

No comments: