Wednesday, August 17, 2011

If I had been faster on the draw, we could be saying "Drat! Foiled Again!"...

A few weeks ago, one of the guys on our team went on a vacation for a while. At some point early on in his stay away from the office, a small fund was put together, aluminum foil was procured, and we went to work wrapping his desk, his stuff, his pictures, everything. Lots and lots of people helped. We labeled it as a "team building activity", but I think we had people from all over the department eventually help. And they enjoyed it.


The final product looked pretty good. I folded up some fold creations with absolutely nothing in them, so he would open them up and not find anything. I was getting ready to do one when someone came in asking some questions, I used the foil to draw the picture, then I folded it up. (He opened it up, and wanted to know what the picture was trying to say...)


It was a fine foiling job, but the day he came back, I decided it needed just a little more, so I went to the store and got some of those large Hersheys bars, and took the other wrapper off, so they were just foil. Blended right in. Took him a while to find them.


Here he is, clearly enjoying the craftsmanship. We had our building dedication two weeks later, a few days after he came back, the department HR lady showed up, said "What happened to your desk?" They talked for a few minutes, then she told him to have it cleaned up before the dedication.

The dedication was last Friday, his desk looks really good, and not a lot of traces of foil. (They are there, we stashed some things...) No one really came through our area to tour the place after the dedication. He could have left his desk foiled.

Sunday night, at around 10pm, I realized that we could have come back in on Saturday, and refoiled all his stuff. That would had been funny. He gets foiled, he cleans it up, we immediately refoil... Too bad I didn't think of it sooner.

No comments: