Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Rejected!

The Credit Union I belong to has recently added a service where you can add your own custom image to you debit and credit cards. I have been thinking for a while about what picture I can put on my cards. Over the weekend I had a good idea:



I uploaded this Superman symbol for my debit card. I had to shrink the image a little so I would fit, but the preview of the card looked pretty sweet.


I uploaded this Bizarro symbol for my credit card. I had to blow it up some so it would fit. I liked the contrast there: Superman = Good, Bizarro = Bad. You have two cards in your wallet. Are you more likely to pull out the Superman card or the Bizarro card? (The Superman card, of course.)

Anyway, I was really hoping they would just have some automated system that spit out the card and mailed it out to you. Today I got an email saying that my 'MyCard Design' had been rejected. To quote the email:

Please carefully review the image guidelines below before submitting another photo. NOTE: Downloaded images from the internet are usually copyrighted and will probably be denied. To ensure that your custom card request is approved and processed in a timely manner, please review the following examples of prohibited items

Then they listed about twelve different generic rules about what you can't have on the card. (No naked or half naked people, no copyrighted materials, no people doing illegal activities, no celebrities - such as cartoon characters, no half naked celebrity cartoon characters, etc.) Oh well, it was worth a shot.

No I am left with still not knowing what pictures I want to put on my debit and credit card. (Well, I know which ones I want, I don't know which ones I want that they will actually let me have...) Any ideas?

No comments: