Thursday, July 10, 2008

Restaurant Review

Tonight Tara wanted to go to dinner and some thing at the library. I was really hungry, and agreed to go, although I wasn't too sure about the library thing, I figured at worst, I could bring a book and read it.

We went to La Carreta, which is a local Peruvian restaurant here in town. They used to be in this little hole in the wall, a couple of years ago they built a new bigger place closer to the mall. We hadn't been since they built the new place. The new place is really nice.

The food there is still good, wee both had the plate that's a thin steak, rice, fries, a fried egg, and a fried plantain. I gave my banana to Tara, she gave me her fries. I think she regretted giving me the fries just as I was finishing them up, she got a taste and liked it. I have to say that my food (Item #22 on the menu) was quite good, and after missing lunch, the dinner filled me up.

We went to the library, walked in a few minutes late, and were the only people that had showed up. The 4 librarians that had prepared some book reviews looked excited to have us there and barreled into their presentations. 2 other people showed up about 10 minutes later. I have to say, I don't think I will be reading any of the books they recommended. I took the time during their presentations to act attentive while feeding Adam. I have to say, I think I pulled the act off.

The library had planned to give away book to select attendees, but since there were only 4 of us, we were all selected. There was maybe one book I might consider reading, but not necessarily, so I let Tara pick two books.

Go check out La Carreta. The food was good, the employees were friendly.

No comments: