Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Visiting Seven Peaks

Kate was the big winner in the "5 Things" contest for a trip to Seven Peaks. I took the day off work today and took her over there. We ended up staying 4 hours. My pass came gratis from Tom, Kate's came from the city library summer reading program. We got there just as the place opened, I took Kate over to the lazy river first, she took a round across the thing walking along holding the side.

A little bit later, Tom saw us and went and got us a double raft. We used the raft in the wave poll, the lazy river a couple of times, and we went down one big slide with it. The slide kind of scared Kate, and she didn't want to do any more slides after that.

Kate enjoyed the kiddie pool because she could wade around and slide down the slides, and still had the option of standing up out of the water. She also liked the wave pool when they finally decided to start the waves for the day. Her favorite ended up being the lazy river. She wasn't too sure at first, but at the end, we ended up going around a few more times before it was time to go.

We lost our raft at 2pm when we went to take a bathroom break. We came back and someone had fingered the thing. Having not actually paid for it, we went on our merry way... Kate ended up a little bit sunburned on her knees and face. I ended up a lot sunburned on the tops of my feet and a little up my legs.

If one of the younger girls go, I think I will pick up one of the park's free life preservers, and forgo a raft.

1 comment:

jjp said...

The top of my head also appears to be sunburned...