Tuesday, February 21, 2006

More fun with the Postal Service

We had a Netflix movie ship on Thursday. It arrived today. We had a Netflix movie ship last night. It arrived today. I am not sure why they both arrived on the same day, or why one took 5 days and one took 1 day.

I got a card in the mail today for a product testing opportunity from the HandyMan Club of America. This is the kind of thing where you test the thing out, give feedback, and mail it back. The card came in postcard size, with a couple of sections connected together. The mail 'header' was mailed, the other pieces were torn off before delivery. I figure it's mail fraud, but I'm not sure I care anymore.

Our mail comes in at varying rates of speed. I our goes out at different rates of speed. Some days, the mail is not delivered when it should be. (usually it's a Saturday.)

Just today, I have had someone tell me a story of the time they tried to fight the poor service they got from the post office, and got a masty call from their 'postal' person, who seemed to be going postal. Tara tells me I am never taking my mailbox to the post office to 'return' it. (Really? Never?) She also reminds me of the story from President Monson where the postman killed himself after everyone complained about him.

Now I don't want to be the reason why someone kills themself or goes postal. I don't even what to become some mail pariah, where I am banned from every getting mail again. What I do want, is that if I have to keep using their service, and they continue to raise the price of that service, they had better make it work in a timely and expected fashion. (Meaning get my mail to me, stop watching my DVD's before you bring them to me, stop reading my mail, stop stealing all the good stuff. I'm not paranoid, I'm just getting a little worked up.)

If you are thinking of writing me a letter, please put down the paper and pen, go to the computer, and send an email. Or post a comment here on the blog.

P.S. I would really, really like to build myself a new mailbox, and 'return' the old one.

No comments: