Friday, September 30, 2011

Another birthday party for Emma.

Around here, we try to only have 'friends' birthday parties at ages 8, 16, 32, and 64. (I suppose we would also have a discussion about one for 128. It is also possible that Tara is owed a 'friends' birthday party...) Other than that, we try to limit it to inviting the family over for each birthday.

Anyway, it's Emma's turn to have a party for friends. Her birthday was over a month ago, we put the thing off until today. She invited a lot of people, and most of them came.


I was the food committee. I came up with mini pudding trifles in little plastic shot glasses. I figured it was a nice little portion for little people. The kids seemed to like them. One of the little boys that came over seemed fascinated by the size of the little cup. He wanted to keep one of his, I gave him a clean one. If he has a drinking problem later in life, it's not my fault.


I also made almost 5 dozen mini cupcakes. Then they got frosted, and the tops were dipped in sprinkles. Also a hit with the party goers.


This is our third friends party. When it started, we let people mill around outside. Who would have figured on 90 degree weather on the last day of September? (Sorry about the focus in this video. Looks like a finger got in the way. I don't claim to be a great photographer/cinematographer...)



Emma wanted to do some carnival games for her party. For some reason, it was surprising to me how low a limbo stick can go when you are dealing with 8 year olds.



The nice thing about a party like this, is after about 30 minutes of play, then opening presents, and a little pizza and cake, and the party is nearly over. I think Emma had a good time.


Next up: Ruth in 2013. Then we have Lily in 2014, Kate in 2015, and Adam in 2016. We live a wild life.

Another little cupcake...

No comments: