Monday, September 05, 2011

A "moderate" "one mile" hike

On Friday, my brother came over and asked me and my dad if we wanted to go on a hike up the canyon. Drew made it should like it would be a short hike - 1 mile - and a 'moderate' type of hike, with only a 700 foot incline. Or so the guide he was looking at said...

It was a nice hike, but ended up being a little longer than I bargained for. It looks like from google maps that it was about a 700 foot incline, at least to the spot we were shooting for. (Something called 'Big Springs'. I am assuming the Springs are more impressive in the Spring.) We ended up going past that and up another hill as well. Google maps also indicates that we went about 4 miles in total.

When we got back, I told Grandma Oaks that we hiked to the base of the trail to the fountain of youth, but had to turn back on account of the ninjas. She didn't really believe me.

I survived the hike, and I was able to walk the next day, so I guess that's something. Just be warned, if Drew wants you to go on a short hike, grab the GPS first, and make sure it's not some sort of Death March...

Also, as continued proof that I am a poor picture taker, here are a couple from the hike:

That's my dad next to a tree that has fallen down. The branches of the tree had grown up out of it, becoming trees themselves. They were at least 20 feet tall each, and were just growing out this fallen tree. The picture is completely blurry, it might as well be a picture of Bigfoot... Maybe I will submit it as a sighting.



Another blurry picture I took. This time from the trail. It looks more like an impressionist painting than a picture, maybe I should have it printed out on canvas...

No comments: