Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Treasure Hunt

There is a guy in town that is starting what I think is a book buyback business at the end of the semester.  He is working his way into promoting the business by gathering a list of contacts to promote to.  He is gathering his contact list by running a treasure hunt here in town.  The prize is $5000.  He is releasing a clue every day, and estimates that it will take 40 clues for the treasure to be found.

I know the general area where the prize is, based on the current clues.  (Not sure what today's clue indicates, waiting for a few more, I guess, at this point.)  On Thursday, I took Adam and Lily, and we walked around looking for the thing.  Thursday evening, Drew and I looked slightly more intensely at a particular area.  (It can't hurt to include a police detective, right?)  On Friday, Drew and Kaylynn spend a good portion of the morning searching.

I took some of the kids down there again this evening looking.  We didn't find the thing, but had a nice walk, anyway.  Maybe we will try again in a couple of days if he releases a clue that helps narrow things down a bit.

On Thursday, we didn't see anyone else looking where we were.  Tonight I saw someone clearly looking.  He was talking to some friends on his phone, indicating that he found the general area.


I am also not ruling out the possibility that the prize has already been found, and the guy paid someone $500 to keep quiet about it for a few more weeks, while he continues to generate buzz...

No comments: