Monday, January 21, 2013

Food. Good food. Really good food.

I've talked here about my cookbook from Carmine's before.  Sadly, I haven't tried nearly enough recipes from it yet.  I've had Steak Contadina, I've made their meatballs, the Eggplant Parmigiana, and have made the Marinara sauce several times.  All very good stuff.

Today, we had targeted spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, I had some free time, and made marinara sauce for it.  It's so much better than anything you get out of a bottle.  Late afternoon, I pulled the cookbook out and start leafing through it again.  Here are some things that I need to make one of these days, hopefully soon:

  • Stuffed Eggplant Rollitini
  • Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
  • Pasta E Fagioli Soup
  • Rustic Lentil Soup
  • Sausage and Pepper Heroes
  • Italian Cheesesteak Heroes
  • Meatball Heroes
  • Linguine with Red Shrimp Sauce
  • Salmon Puttanesca
  • Shrimp Scampi
  • Porterhouse Steak Contadina (time to make it again)
  • Pork Chops with Sweet and Hot vinegar peppers
  • Chicken Scarpariello
Makes my mouth water thinking about it.  Who's coming over for dinner?

No comments: