Thursday, November 22, 2007

Game Time

Age of Empires - The War chiefs

Drew, Dad, Dave, and I played a free for all game tonight.

Drew ended up (I think) having a bit of a problem where I was attacking him from the Southwest, and Dave was attacking him from the East. I eventually got tired of trying to knock down the corner of his city wall, and losing mass quantities of guys in the process. I eventually backed off a little and went looking for Dad, who ended up being Southeast of me. I sent lots of dudes in to siege Dad's town, but it's never that easy when you are playing against Dad. He generally has villagers all over the map doing stuff, if he starts to lose his town, he just finds a nice quiet spot to rebuild. It can be very maddening. Dave plays with horses. There is no other way to explain his play style. When you play with Dave, be prepared to see hundreds and hundreds of horses guys coming and attacking you. (It might have even been thousands, who knows.)

Dave knocked Drew out, I'm not sure that Drew was all that happy about it. Towards the end, I thought I was a goner. Dave kept sending horses at me, and breached a wall. In the meantime, I was sending a ton of guys at Dave's town, and busted in. By this point, he didn't have any dudes to defend against. (He was working on knocking at my door.) Once I got in and started in on his town, Dave decided it was bedtime.

Long story short, we played 1 game, it lasted 3 1/2 hours. Next Thursday I will be at a play, the Thursday after is our department Christmas party...

3 comments:

Dave said...

Right around midnight I usually have problems.. I start fading in and out. I have to build up a bunch of dudes when my eyes open again, I had a strong econimy last night so it was just deciding where to build them. I had guys in my town to defend, but it looked like this game could have gone on for another few hours before a clear victory was achieved. I need to find something that will keep me awake and start taking Fridays off.

jjp said...

If you had beat the dudes back from your town, I would have been in trouble at that point, I figured I was a goner within about 20 minutes if it didn't work to attack your base...

Do we need to schedule the weekly game for a different day/time?

Tommy said...

Not a Friday or Wednesday night. I have to work both of those nights.