Friday, September 14, 2012

Camping with the boy

In the Spring, I took Adam and his cousin camping. We took Drew's truck and camper.



Things went well, they had a good time playing all evening. In the middle of the night, the wind kicked up like crazy, and the temperature dropped like a rock. I kept thinking the boys would wake up, but they slept through the whole thing. All night long. Good for them.  I kept waking up all night long.  It was a Stake Father's and Sons campout.  We started with something like 150 tents in the evening, by morning, there were only about 60 left.  Lots of people left in the night, Some tents collapsed on people, other people just tossed their tents in their trunks, and slept in their cars.


I'm not sure I am a camper any more. Too many aches and pains. It's too bad, because Adam I think would really get into it. At least if Anson came along to play... Also, those two can make an awful mess in no time flat...

No comments: