Sunday, September 23, 2012

Working in the shed

The stuff I have out in the shed has needed some attention for a long time. This summer, I started cleaning it out. It just meant that the stove, dishwasher, and old broken bunkbed I had been using as storage and workspace are all now gone. All the junk is still in there:





On Friday, I played hooky from work to start working on the shed.  I have some very large logs I got from Drew a couple of years ago, I cut a portion of one of them into 2"x15" planks, with a chainsaw.  (Who needs a planer when they've got a chainsaw?)  This took a while to cut though all that wood (over 5 feet tall), and my wrist was largely shot by the end of the day. 



I also started building a frame for the workspace.  The shelving I am ripping from the log will sit on the frame. 

Next up:  sanding down the planks, installing the shelves, and adding insulation to the shed.  After that, I build a shelving unit for all my tools.  Stay tuned...

No comments: