Friday, September 28, 2012

...time passes

Sorry about the brief pause.  Been a bit busy for the past couple of days.  

Since the beginning of the Summer, my hand has been hurt off and on.  It seems to have gotten worse over time, not better, no matter how much I wear my wrist brace.  In August, I was doing some interviews for a position we had open at work, and was not wearing the brace, because I didn't want to waste any interview time talking about me.  One of the interviewees shook my hand on the way out, and had an 'iron fist of death' grip.  He just crushed my hand.  (We didn't hire him, but it wasn't the handshake that did him in.)

Anyway, a few weeks ago, I finally decided to get an appointment to see someone about it.  I had the appointment on Tuesday, the guy I went to sent me to the hospital and back for x-rays.  Him playing with the wrist had it very agitated.  After he looked at the xrays, his opinion was that 'there was something definitely wrong' with the wrist.  He thinks maybe the fusion has a screw that might have worked loose.  I had gone to him instead of the guy that did my two wrist surgeries just to get a second set of eyes on the problem.  Turns out he wants me to go back to my regular guy to compare the xrays to the ones that we did 18 months ago.  My regular guy is out of the country, I see him in 2 weeks, we will see what happens.  

Last Friday, I used a chainsaw as a cutting/ripping/planing tool.  My hand was generally useless for the bulk of two days, and is almost back to the way it was before all the cutting, but not quite, seven days later.  I guess we will see what happens.

Yesterday we took the kids to Chili's for dinner again.  I'm thinking I am tired of that place.  I really like the chips and salsa there, but I can't seem to find an entree I like.  I tried chicken fajitas last night, but the chicken was dry, and the tortillas were stale or something.  It was just kind of hard to eat, seemed like something was missing.  I thought it was beans and rice, but it turned out that beans and rice doesn't come with the fajitas plate at Chili's.  Some day soon I will do a post about a few of the places around town we have been and liked, and a few places around town we have been, and can just as soon not go back.

It's almost time to start thinking about Christmas presents.  Not sure what I am going to do this year.  I am making a custom order scarf that I need to send away soon, and Emma wants me to make her a dalek costume for Halloween.  Tara is spending early November in Oklahoma, I might take a trip out to New York City before Thanksgiving.  

There is always something going on...

No comments: