Friday, May 01, 2009

Future bionic woman

For Christmas, I got Tara a desktop. The old one we had is about 9 years old. Tara was finally tired of it. She seems to like the new desktop, but the thing kind of hurts her legs when she sits in the recliner with it...

For Mother's Day, I have gotten her a new laptop. I am typing this on the laptop now. Dell had a deal on their Inspiron 15 machines. The thing shipped with Vista, and seems resistant to my efforts to install XP. I am sure I could get the thing reinstalled if I spent enough time on it, but it doesn't really matter all that much to me, and Tara is ok with it. (I offered to install Linux on it for her, but she passed.)

Tara keeps asking for technology. I've finally converted her. I'm not shure what she will want to top things for our anniversary or her birthday this year, maybe she will want a smart house or something. Or cyborg implants of some sort.

Any tips to make Vista run a little faster? I have already disabled the desktop appearance widgets...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do need a new ipod.
Thanks and love
Tara